Network Recruitment Solutions are currently recruiting a Supervising Social Worker for a newly established Independent Fostering Agency based in the Lewisham area. This is position is perfect for those seeking an opportunity to help improve and shape the lives of looked after children and foster families.
The Supervising Social Worker manages fostering resources, recruitment, assessing, supervising, training and supporting foster carers in their placements. This includes promoting the company values, qualities and standards to ensure a professional service for local authorities with the aim of achieving improved outcomes and experiences for children and young people placed with our foster carers. Whilst working in the legislative and regulatory framework, working in accordance with current safeguarding and child protection practices, regulations, National Minimum Standards and guidance.
- Experience and knowledge in a Child Care setting.
- Knowledge of Child Law, including relevant fostering experience
- A good knowledge of Fostering regulations 2002 & 2011
- Knowledge of Child Protection issues, in particular their relation to foster care
- Knowledge and experience of foster care practice.
- Knowledge of Therapeutic Child Care Practice.
- An understanding of Equal opportunities with service provision.
- Experience and knowledge of providing training courses ideally with experience in training new/experienced carers.
- Knowledge of fostering National Minimum Standards
- BA (Hons) or MA in Social Work
- CQSW or DipSW or equivalent qualification
- Management Training qualification – Desirable
Personal Characteristics / Competencies:
- Able to work as part of a team and share an understanding of team work.
- Able to work on their own initiative with consistent self-motivation.
- A good level of applied literacy and numeracy.
- Able to communicate clearly and appropriately both verbally and in writing.
- Able to present material professionally both written and orally inside and outside the agency.
- Able to plan and prioritise workloads and to determine the location of resources.
- Able to maintain judgement when working under pressure.
- Able to offer supervision / support to staff.
- Able to offer supervision / support to foster carers.
- Able to make objective and supportable professional assessment of children/young people.
To apply please click on the "apply now" button.
Network Recruitment Solutions are an equal opportunities employer. Please note that this post is exempt from the rehabilitation of offenders Act (1974) and all applicants are required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure Check.