NRS Contact Centre is a child contact centre based in Lewisham, South East London. The centre supports children who are in private or public law proceedings providing supported and supervised contact.
We are currently looking to recruit a centre Co-ordinator who can manage their own caseload as well as supervise a team and organise supervised contact personnel to ensure that all of the children visiting the centre are appropriately supervised and safeguarded during their time here. The role is a fast paced with many different families and children visiting the centre daily.
The key requirements of the role are:
The role of a Family/Children’s Contact Centre coordinator is to support the Centre team at NRS and the children and families attending, including:
- Checking availability of contact supervisors and making bookings for families to attend the Centre.
- Organise and schedule supervised contact sessions.
- Interviewing applicants (new contact supervisors).
- Where required, escorting children to and from the centre and supervising contact sessions.
- Thoroughly reviewing all reports completed by contact supervisors before submitting them to the local authority, solicitors or other stakeholders.
- Holding pre-visit meetings with parents.
- Ensuring that the centre is sanitised and compliant with the current COVID19 restrictions.
- Reception and general admin duties.
The role of a Contact Centre coordinator is varied and on occasions challenging but very rewarding.
- Full Clean driving license
- Excellent IT skills, including an advanced level of Excel.
- A focus on high standards and is quality driven with an attention to detail
- Has an articulate and professional phone manner
- Has a non-judgmental attitude
- Knowledge of child development and current UK legislation relating to children and families is an desirable.
- A desire to work with vulnerable children and families.
- As a minimum, NVQ Level 3 in children and families or a related field
- A current enhanced DBS check for working with vulnerable adults and children
- An understanding of child protection and safeguarding
- Experience working with children and families
Hours of work: Tuesday-Saturday 9.00am-5.30pm.
If you feel you have the skills and desire to work and be part of a team then please forward your CV.